Welcome to the official documentation for Hummingbot!
Hummingbot is open source software that helps you build high-frequency crypto trading bots that specialize in market making and arbitrage strategies. Our codebase is free and publicly available on Github under the Apache 2.0 open source license.
Hummingbot Foundation is a not-for-profit foundation that facilitates decentralized maintenance and governance of the Hummingbot codebase, powered by the Hummingbot Governance Token (HBOT).
Help us democratize high-frequency trading and give sophisticated algorithms to everyone in the world!
🐤 Getting started¶
New to Hummingbot? Start here!
- Installation: Install Hummingbot on various platforms
- Basic Operations: Basic commands and actions in Hummingbot
- Strategies: Configurable templates for various algorithmic trading strategies
- Scripts: Lightweight, single-file strategies in pure Python
- Exchange Connectors: Supported centralized and decentralized exchanges
👩💻 For developers¶
Hummingbot is a general source framework for crypto algorithmic trading. We welcome developers to fork the codebase for their own purposes and contribute to the community.
- Developers: Explanation of Hummingbot's architecture and detailed reference on how to build connectors and strategies
- Bounties: Get paid for building and maintaining Hummingbot components connector middleware
- Support Hummingbot!: How you can support our mission to democratize HFT!
- Contribution Guidelines: Read this before submitting a pull request
👨👩👧👧 About us¶
- About the Foundation: About Hummingbot Foundation
- Governance: All things related to Foundation governance
- FAQ: Answers to common questions
- Community: Participate in the global Hummingbot ecosystem
- Blog: Recent news and updates
- Newsletter: Recent news and updates
🙋♂️ Getting help¶
Hummingbot features an active, friendly community of users globally! Here are some ways to get help if you're encountering issues:
- Check out the FAQ, Troubleshooting, and Glossary pages for answers to common questions about Hummingbot
- To report a bug or request a new feature, post a Github issue.
- Join the official Discord and post your question on #support
We pledge that we will not use the information/data your provide us for trading purposes nor share them with third parties.
Help with Miner¶
For users using Hummingbot to earn rewards on Miner, the decentralized market making platform operated by our sister company CoinAlpha, the Miner team maintains 24/7 dedicated technical support for users on the #miner-support channel within the Hummingbot Discord server. They help users install Hummingbot and configure API keys for use with the Miner platform, investigates reports related to missing or duplicate rewards, and other issues.
You can also access Miner support via the following methods:
- Email: Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live chat: Click the chat widget in the lower right hand corner of the Miner website.
Sign up for the official Hummingbot newsletter, which is published when each monthly release drops. The newsletter also contains Foundation news, upcoming events, and updates about contributions from the global Hummingbot community!