Hummingbot Foundation's purpose is to empower Hummingbot Governance Token (HBOT) token holders to govern how the Hummingbot open source codebase evolves over time. HBOT holders can vote on Proposals and Polls that:
- Approve pull requests to the Hummingbot codebase
- Decide which connectors of various types should be included in the codebase
- Allocate HBOT bounty budget toward the top connectors of each type
- Re-elect the foundation's Board of Directors each year
Pages in this section include:
- Polls: Polls that let HBOT holders determine which connectors are included for the next Epoch
- Proposals: Proposals are used to add new connectors and allocate HBOT bounties
- Epochs: Quarterly periods of codebase maintenance defined via Polls
- Whitepaper: Published in December 2021, this document explains the Foundation's principles and organizational structure
The Hummingbot Governance Token (HBOT) is a standard ERC-20 Ethereum token that lets holders to decide how the Hummingbot codebase changesthrough voting.
The sole use case of the HBOT token is community governance. HBOT tokens empower holders to govern many aspects of the Hummingbot Foundation, including approving all changes to the Hummingbot codebase, electing Board of Directors, and allocating HBOT community distributions and other assets in the Foundation treasury.
Hummingbot Foundation has never sold HBOT tokens, and it will never sell or issue more HBOT tokens. The total supply of HBOT is fixed at 1,000,000,000 tokens, and all of the supply will be distributed to past stakeholders, future contributors, developers, and users.
- Issuer: Hummingbot Foundation
- Network: Ethereum Mainnet
- Standard: ERC-20
- Name: Hummingbot Governance Token
- Symbol: HBOT
- Decimals: 18
- Total Supply: 1,000,000,000
Read about HBOT in the launch post.
Hummingbot Foundation maintains a public Google Sheet that provides an overview of the HBOT token:
- Current HBOT circulating supply and how it is derived
- Current Foundation wallet balances
- Approved Hummingbot Governance Proposals (HGP) and Hummingbot Improvement Proposals (HIP)
- List of HBOT distribution transactions and recipients
Token Data and Markets¶
To prevent HBOT token holders from being scammed by fraudulent versions of the token, unverified pools/DEXs, or incorrect coin listings, below is a compilation of HBOT-related pages on reputable sources. This does not constitute investment advice or a recommendation for any platform or market listed below.
- Etherscan: https://etherscan.io/token/0xe5097d9baeafb89f9bcb78c9290d545db5f9e9cb
- CoinGecko: https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/hummingbot
- CoinMarketCap: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/hummingbot
- Uniswap (ETH) USDC/HBOT pool: https://info.uniswap.org/#/pools/0x47541d068e1289297e1ef66277507116a26de860
- Uniswap (ETH) ETH/HBOT pool: https://info.uniswap.org/#/pools/0x88e6a0c2ddd26feeb64f039a2c41296fcb3f5640
Voting Your Tokens¶
HBOT token holders can create and vote on various types of Proposals, as well as quarterly Polls, to decide how to allocate bounties toward maintenance of various components in the Hummingbot codebase.
All proposal voting occur on the offical Hummingbot Snapshot, which features an off-chain, gas-less voting system that allows you to vote by signing messages using your HBOT token balance as of a certain block.
Below are the respective Snapshots for each proposal type:
- Hummingbot Governance Proposals: https://snapshot.org/#/hbot.eth
- Hummingbot Improvement Proposals: https://snapshot.org/#/hbot-ip.eth
- Pull Request Proposals: https://snapshot.org/#/hbot-prp.eth
- New Connecor Proposals: https://snapshot.org/#/hbot-ncp.eth
Discord contains various channels that users can use to discuss proposals and polls, as well as general discussions:
- #governance: Chat about general governance topics
- #hbot-token: Chat about the HBOT token
- #bounties: Create and view threaded discussions about Proposals
- #polls: Create and view threaded discussions about Polls
- #proposals: Create and view threaded discussions about Bounties