The purpose of the Hummingbot Foundation is to empower the HBOT token holders to govern many aspects of Hummingbot, such as:
- Approving all pull requests to the Hummingbot codebase
- Proposing improvements and architectural changes to the Hummingbot codebase
- Modifying parameters of the HBOT governance system
- Electing the foundation's Board of Directors
- Allocating grants and other expenditures of the community treasury
For more information, see the Hummingbot Foundation Governance whitepaper.
HBOT token holders can create and vote on various types of Proposals to steer the evolution of the project. Each proposal type may have different guidelines, HBOT balance requirements, and approval/quorum thresholds.
See Proposals for more information.
In order to continually iterate and improve the governance process, we divide the next Hummingbot's future into Epochs.
Epochs are a series of 5-month periods that allocate target HBOT distribution budgets across various HGP categories. Basically, epochs are long "sprints" that enable the Foundation to conduct a retrospective afterwards and improve the process for the next epoch.
See Epochs for more information.
How to Participate¶
We use a number of platforms that enable community engagement in different ways. Below, we offer guidance to help the community decide how to participate in governance.
Discord is our community hub. Start here to meet the community and learn about how to participate in the Hummingbot ecosystem:
- General chat
- Developer chat
- Foundation announcements
- Hummingbot technical support
- Monthly community calls
Use the official Hummingbot Forum for long-form discussions and to get feedback on exploratory ideas, proposals, and team projects. The threads you create are persistent and categorized, so that don't get lost in Discord.
- Starting point for new proposals
- Community feedback
- Exploratory research
All proposal voting occur on Snapshot, which features an off-chain, gas-less voting system that allows you to vote by signing messages using your HBOT token balance as of a certain block.
Each Proposal type has a different Snapshot space dedicated to it:
- Pull Request Proposals (PRP): https://snapshot.org/#/hbot-prp.eth
- Hummingbot Improvement Proposals (HIP): https://snapshot.org/#/hbot-ip.eth
- Hummingbot Governance Proposals (HGP): https://snapshot.org/#/hbot.eth
For feedback or questions relating to the Hummingbot codebase, please create an issue in Github an reference specific sections of the code where applicable.
- Feedback on Pull Request Proposals
- Feature requests for new exchange connectors and strategies
- Code comments and questions