Release Notes - Version 0.23.0¶
🚀 Welcome to
hummingbot version 0.23.0! In this release, we are excited to announce the open beta of Liquidity Mining, a new connector, easier to use pure market making strategy, and addressed a number of bugs.
🌊⛏ Liquidity mining open beta¶
We are excited to launch the Liquidity Mining Open Beta today! During the 4-week testing period, we welcome anyone who’s interested to join us and try the Hummingbot Miners App. We will work hard to collect user feedback and fix bugs so that we can provide a great user experience when we go live on March 2, 2020.
🧪 User testing during open beta¶
We are inviting interested users to join our dedicated user testing program during the Open Beta period. Testers will receive 0.1 ETH for their time.
For users who want to participate, please fill out this form. We’ll reach out to you soon!
Please refer to the following links and resources for more information:
📊 Pure market making configuration simplified¶
Pure market making now has a basic/advanced split that will only prompt during configuration of the basic parameters such as the exchange name, trading pair, bid/ask spreads, cancel order wait time, and order amount.
Users can configure the advanced features of this strategy by entering
Yes when prompted, via
config <parameter> command in Hummingbot, or by editing the strategy config file.
🔗 New KuCoin connector¶
Hummingbot now supports KuCoin exchange! Nicknamed the "People's Exchange", Kucoin is easy to use for novice investors and in-depth enough for crypto enthusiasts. It has one of the world’s most impressive trading pair selections, a wide range of alt coins with more than 300 trading pairs and are adding new ones regularly.
Read more about how to use KuCoin connector in the User Manual.
📜 Error log collection¶
Instead of using the old
hummingbot_logs.yml templates for sending logs, we now added a prompt in Hummingbot that allows users to enable or disabled sending errors logs.
Read through Logs and Logging section of our Utilities page for more information.
🤓 Developer documentation¶
We created a guide that walks you through how to prepare your development environment and get started developing for Hummingbot using Linux, macOS and Windows.
Read through our Developer Manual for more information.
📓 Documentation updates¶
Here we list other recent major changes to Hummingbot docs:
- Updated quickstart guide and added GIF images for visual.
- Added instructions in Common ‘How To’ Questions on how to reset forgotten password, transferring files from/to WSL, and downloading a previous version of Hummingbot in Windows.
- Also added steps how to locate and map
datafolder when using Docker.
- Added information in Binance troubleshooting about Binance HTTP return codes 429 and 418, Binance API trading limits, and how to avoid these return codes when running Hummingbot.
- More examples with images and explanation for order optimization in pure market making strategy.
🐞 Other bug fixes¶
Thanks to everyone who reported bugs! Note that we pay bug bounties to anyone who reports a bug that we end up fixing.
- Fixed error when exporting trades in Windows: #1302
- Fixed bug losing track of orders on Coinbase Pro: #1357
- Fixed bug where Hummingbot keeps fetching status of non-existing orders in client: #1281
- Fixed bug in Liquid connector on non-fiat quote asset: #1331
- Fixed intermittent index errors with pure market making strategy causing orders not created: #1317
⚙️ Miscellaneous updates¶
- Added helpful links for liquidity mining and support to welcome screen
- Handled crossed order on Bamboo Relay
- Updated Coinbase Pro fees to 0.5% for both maker and taker orders
- Quick fix on trading pair fetcher
- Updated all
Yes/Noin Hummingbot client
🚀 Coming soon¶
Here's what we currently working on that we expect to ship in the next 2-8 weeks: